ant-user mailing list archives

From Iván Pérez Domínguez <ivanperezdoming...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Quiet output
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:19:19 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
>> OK, now my question has turned into "How can I set an environment
>> variable from inside an build.xml file?"
>>
>> I tried this:
>>
>> <property environment="env" />
>> <target name="test">
>>    <property name="env.ANT_ARGS" value="-quiet -emacs" />
>>    <ant dir="tests" />
>> </target>
>>

> no, that wont work. you can only set the env variable for a child
> process, including java and junit -i.e. tasks with an <env> element. But
> <ant> is not a process.

I just tried that way but I can't completelly hide the execution of a
javac task, since it prints Notes that can't even be hidden with nowarn
and debug off.

I could try to run ant with the exec task or something, but I
find this solution not pretty at all. Any other ideas? Maybe in next
versions
the ant task should include a nested env attribute.