ant-user mailing list archives

From mansou...@yahoo.com
Subject class path problem
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:37:49 GMT
Hi Every Body:
I am facing a probelm compile a java application. My Java application
uses external and internal  library.
In other words, let's say i have a package called  java.matrix, and I
wrote a package for this project called MathOp,

the layout of my project directory is :
    MyProject
                MathOp
                       Addition.java
                       Multiplication.java
                       Subtraction.java
                       Division.java
                Operation1
                       some classes
                Operation2
                       more classes
                build.xml
                resulting_classes_directory
                MANIFEST.1

Now I need to be able to include all or the needed classes from MathOp
into the compilation of Operation1, and put the results in
resulting_classes_directory.  I can do this from the command promt using
option of javac and it works fine  for exmaple I can do :
javac -classpath /opt/j2sdk/lib/:/path/to/my/project:Operation1  -d
resulting_classes_directory/     Operation1/*.java
When I try to do this with ant, it fails complaining about not finding
the classes in the package MathOp. I dont want to compile the whole
package of MathOp. Please don't suggest this. I want it to be compiled
when the classes that needs it is compiled. Here's what I have in my
build.xml file.

<target name="op1"    description="Compiles the Operation 1 and package it">
        <javac     srcdir="Operation1"
destdir="resulting_classes_directory" includes="**/*.java" >
            <classpath>
                <pathelement path="Operation1"/>
                <pathelement path="."/>
                <pathelement path="/path/to/my/project"/>
                <pathelement path="/opt/j2sdk/lib/" />
                <fileset dir="Operation1">
                      <include name="**/*.java"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </javac>
        <jar destfile="Op1.jar" basedir="resulting_classes_directory"
manifest="MANIFEST.1" />
    </target>

none of the classes are compiled, "And It Is Important That They Are
Compiled Only When Ant Is Invoked."
Please let me know what I am missing here, or at least what to search
for in google.
Thank you in advance.