ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Precompile JSP
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:28:11 GMT
Martin Gainty wrote:
> If he wants a more granular approach such that the JSP compiler step errors out - there
would be no confusion on whether
> the JSP page failed because of JasperCompiler error -or- because of the unit test

what you do is have some tests that just get all the pages; other tests
to do work on them. the troublespot is those pages that only work with
the right parameters/session/state, so you cannot do a blind get without
the app being in the right state.

> In any case where would you specify the JasperCompiler (assuming this is accomplished
thru taskdef) for HttpUnit?

You dont, you just get the remote page and let the back end choose the
right compiler. HttpUnit is just helper classes for junit or other java
test frameworks to fetch, parse, walk and execute HTML pages.

If you havent played with HttpUnit, and your project involves web pages
on a server, I would strongly encourage you having a play with it.

-Steve