ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Precompile JSP
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:26:50 GMT
Hanmay Udgiri wrote:
> Hi
> I want to pre-compile my JSP after taking from CVS.
> I have websphere 5 installed on linux box.
> what comamnd I need to use to compile my JSPs
> Does the following command works
>
>     <jspc srcdir="${src}/WebContent" destdir="${build}/WebContent"
> package="com.jsp" compiler="jasper41" verbose="9">
>           <include name="**/*.jsp"/>
>            <classpath>
>                <pathelement path="${datashopper.classpath}"/>
>            </classpath>
>        </jspc>

No. It only works for jasper41, not for websphere, so your precompiled
classes wont work.

I would recommend avoiding bothering to precompile JSP pages. Instead
write tests using HttpUnit that fetch every single JSP page. That not
only gives you the compilation, it gets you started on those tests you
are going to need anyway.

-steve