ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to preserve a property assigned via antcall on main build process?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:34:43 GMT
On 10/16/06, David <achepati67@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Dear members,
>
>  I am figthing for avoiding to use <if> from ant contrib lib, but I guess for solving
this problem there is no other solution.

>  I have the following targets:
>
>  <target name="target" depends="target-pre"
>   unless ="target.skip">
>  </target>
>
>  Note: From working properly this target I need to compute the property target.var.value
(and this property could be assigned previoulsy if some target needed such property before)

>  Now
>
>  <target name="target-pre" unless ="target.var.value">
>    <antcall target="compute-target1.var1"/>
>    <property name="target.var1.value" value="the value is: ${target.var}"/>
>  </target>
>
>  This is the best solution, but the problem comes from the fact that the property computed
on target compute-target1.var (property target.var) is not assigned after antcall invokation,
so it doesn't work.

>  but If I use instead of antcall, just dependences I get the value of target.var properly
>
>  <target name="target-pre" unless ="target.var"
>   depends="compute-target.var">
>    <property name="target.var.value" value="the value is: ${target.var}"/>
>  </target>
>
>  what I don't like about this solution is that the dependences targets are ALWAYS execute
even if the property target.var was defined or not. This is a simple case, but on my case
the computation of target.var is a complex task, so I have to run it always.

>  Using ant contrib it is inmidiatly using <if> task, but I don't want to add more
library dependence to my project.