ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parsing directory names
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:53:59 GMT
On 10/4/06, Suzanne Dorman <suzanne.dorman@segsoftware.com> wrote:
> I have the following directory structure:
>
> 2005_1.0
>       filea
>       fileb
> 2005_1.1
>       filec
> 2005_1.1.1
>       filed
> 2005_2.0
>       filee
>

> My build needs to determine which files to zip based on the directory name.
> If the user specifies 1.1, I need to include all files in the 2005_1.0 and
> 2005_1.1 directories but not the other directories (their version numbers
> are higher).  In order to write the logic to determine the proper
> directories, I need to parse the directory names.
>
> I first need to separate out the '2005' as a variable.  I then need
> everything after the underscore as another variable (we'll call it
> $version).  Once I have $version, I may need to separate out the characters
> separated by '.' to determine if the version is higher or lower than the
> user specified value.
>
> I can get the list of directory names and put them in a foreach without any
> problem but I don't know how to parse the string I get.  In fact, I can't
> find anything for string manipulation in Ant or ant-contrib.  Is there such
> a thing?

Yes, but in convoluted ways only.  I'd do it in Java as a custom task
(defining a <path> for example, or a new resource collection in 1.7),
or I'd use a <script>. Ant now has a DeweyDecimal utility (which
hopefully implement Comparable). That's the jist of it ;-) Sorry,
can't help more than by giving high level hints. --DD