ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Accessing the manifest within a jar file
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:16:39 GMT
--- "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov"
<rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You can also use Ant 1.7 zipentry resource:
>
> <zipentry zipfile="my.jar"
>    name="META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"/>

Thanks for the resource plug, Ivan.  :)
Alternatively, assuming ${jar} points to the relevant
jar file, you could use

<url url="jar:file:///${jar}!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF" />

or

<javaresource name="META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"
classpath="${jar}" />

;)

Note that the <url>-based solution requires that the
${jar} property be an absolute path (not sure of the
rules regarding file: urls and relative paths).
Finally, I don't know if it's good or bad that there
are three resource-based ways to access a manifest,
but it's interesting, anyway.

-Matt