ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Voigt" <tv_spam...@gmx.de>
Subject Curious problem with parallel tasks
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:35:45 GMT
Hi,

I stumbled upon a curious problem with the ant parallel handling in conjunction with Windows
XP.

Let's say I have 3 targets: call1, call2 and call3 which are executed in a parallel environment
(2 threads). Each target calls a hello world windows GUI application that has to be closed
manually and prints an exit confirmation afterwards. Ant starts call1 and call2 correctly.
Now the curious thing is that ant will sometimes (not always) wait for _both_ tasks to end
before it starts the third task. No output is written until both tasks are finished. The applications
do nothing except opening a window with a "hello world" text.

I tried to reproduce the problem by replacing the hello world calls with  various sleep commands,
but this seemed to work fine, the third task is always started immediately after one of the
first two tasks exits.

Any insights?

Regards, Thomas