ant-user mailing list archives

From David <achepat...@yahoo.es>
Subject How to preserve a property assigned via antcall on main build process?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:30:17 GMT
Dear members,

  I am figthing for avoiding to use <if> from ant contrib lib, but I guess for solving
this problem there is no other solution.

  I have the following targets:

  <target name="target" depends="target-pre"
   unless ="target.skip">
  </target>

  Note: From working properly this target I need to compute the property target.var.value
(and this property could be assigned previoulsy if some target needed such property before)

  Now

  <target name="target-pre" unless ="target.var.value">
    <antcall target="compute-target1.var1"/>
    <property name="target.var1.value" value="the value is: ${target.var}"/>
  </target>

  This is the best solution, but the problem comes from the fact that the property computed
on target compute-target1.var (property target.var) is not assigned after antcall invokation,
so it doesn't work.

  but If I use instead of antcall, just dependences I get the value of target.var properly

  <target name="target-pre" unless ="target.var"
   depends="compute-target.var">
    <property name="target.var.value" value="the value is: ${target.var}"/>
  </target>

  what I don't like about this solution is that the dependences targets are ALWAYS execute
even if the property target.var was defined or not. This is a simple case, but on my case
the computation of target.var is a complex task, so I have to run it always.

  Using ant contrib it is inmidiatly using <if> task, but I don't want to add more library
dependence to my project.

  Do you have any idea about how to solve this problem?

  Thanks,

  David