ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Parsing directory names
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:52:14 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/06, Suzanne Dorman
> <suzanne.dorman@segsoftware.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > I can get the list of directory names and put them
> in a foreach without any
> > problem but I don't know how to parse the string I
> get.  In fact, I can't
> > find anything for string manipulation in Ant or
> ant-contrib.  Is there such
> > a thing?
>
> Yes, but in convoluted ways only.  I'd do it in Java
> as a custom task
> (defining a <path> for example, or a new resource
> collection in 1.7),
> or I'd use a <script>. Ant now has a DeweyDecimal
> utility (which
> hopefully implement Comparable). That's the jist of
> it ;-) Sorry,
> can't help more than by giving high level hints.

I like this; in fact it seem entirely natural that,
Ant 1.7, having ResourceCollections,
ResourceComparators, and ResourceSelectors, should
also have a compare ResourceSelector that uses a
Comparison "when" EA to select Resources that are
eq/ne/gt/lt/ge/le a given resource according to
specified ResourceComparators.  I will try to get this
in soon with an example that speaks to this use case.

-Matt