ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suzanne Dorman" <suzanne.dor...@segsoftware.com>
Subject Parsing directory names
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:30:44 GMT
I have the following directory structure:

2005_1.0
       filea
       fileb
2005_1.1
       filec
2005_1.1.1
       filed
2005_2.0
       filee

My build needs to determine which files to zip based on the directory name.
If the user specifies 1.1, I need to include all files in the 2005_1.0 and
2005_1.1 directories but not the other directories (their version numbers
are higher).  In order to write the logic to determine the proper
directories, I need to parse the directory names.

I first need to separate out the '2005' as a variable.  I then need
everything after the underscore as another variable (we'll call it
$version).  Once I have $version, I may need to separate out the characters
separated by '.' to determine if the version is higher or lower than the
user specified value.

I can get the list of directory names and put them in a foreach without any
problem but I don't know how to parse the string I get.  In fact, I can't
find anything for string manipulation in Ant or ant-contrib.  Is there such
a thing?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Suzanne Dorman