ant-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Möller <Thorsten.Moel...@stud.unibas.ch>
Subject Synchronisation of diretories under version control
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:54:27 GMT
Hello,

My problem is that I want to synchronise arbitrary source directories with a
target dir which is under version control by SVN. This means that in the
target dir and each sub dir a directory ".svn" exists which must remain
after synchronisation. However, when I use the <sync> task those SVN
directories will be deleted since they do not exist in the source dir. As a
result, the SVN working copy (which is the target dir) gets destroyed since
all .svn directories are deleted during sync. Does anybody has an idea how
to proceed? My idea was to copy all .svn dirs to a temp dir before sync and
move them back after sync but unfortunately a simple copy like below doesn't
do anything since won't get selected by the filesets probably because their
name starts with "." (note that I'm working on a NTFS filesystem).

<copy todir="${temp}">
    <fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes=".svn"/>
    <fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes="**/.svn/"/>
</copy>

Thanks,
Thorsten