ant-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Möller <Thorsten.Moel...@stud.unibas.ch>
Subject Re: Synchronisation of diretories under version control
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:55:44 GMT
>> This means that in the target dir and each sub dir a directory
>> ".svn" exists which must remain after synchronisation. However, when
>> I use the <sync> task those SVN directories will be deleted since
>> they do not exist in the source dir.
>
>That's the use case which lead to the preserveInTarget element for Ant
>1.7.0's sync task:
>
><http://ant.apache.org/manual-beta/CoreTasks/sync.html>
I can't help but it doesn't work properly yet with 1.7.0Beta2, at least when
the target dir contains ".svn" subdirectories. It seems that all files and
directories more than one subdirectory below ".svn" are not preserved. For
example, the usual SVN hierarchy contains **/.svn/tmp/prop-base/ (amongst
other subdirectories and files below .svn). After running a sync target like
below, only the files directly below .svn are preserved but not
subdirectories and files in that subdirectories. I tried several
possibilities in <preserveintarget> without being able to configure it in a
way to preserve all content below ".svn" recursively. Probably one issue to
fix...

Thorsten

<sync description="Main Sources" overwrite="yes" todir="${src.dir}"
includeemptydirs="false">
    <fileset dir="../on.common/src/" includes="**/*" />
    <preserveintarget>
        <include name="**/.svn/**" />
    </preserveintarget>
</sync>