ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Pepersack" <RPepers...@mdinsurance.state.md.us>
Subject Need Help With <jar> Task
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:56:55 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a to Ant.  I have some Java classes in a single directory tree that
has two child directories (i.e. mia/gui and mia/middleware).  I need to
create two .jar files, one that contains the classes in the mia.gui
package and the other that contains the classes in mia.middleware.  When
I use the <jar> task to archive mia/gui, the directories in the .jar
file start with mia's children, not mia.  I need the root directory in
the .jar file to be mia.

I've tried this a number of ways in my build file with different
elements and attributes.  Here's the simplest:

    <target name="archive" depends="compile" description="Create the
Java archive files">
        <jar destfile="${classes.dir}/mia_gui.jar"
             index="true">
            <fileset dir="${classes.dir}/mia/gui" />
        </jar>
    </target>

Here are the equivalent commands from the batch file (which I don't
want to use any more) that archives my classes:

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jar" cf mia_gui.jar mia\gui

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jar" cf mia_middleware.jar mia\middleware

Thanks,

Robert Pepersack
Senior Lead Developer
Maryland Insurance Administration