ant-user mailing list archives

From "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CVS checkout with ANT
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 06:49:09 GMT
On 01/09/06, Derrick Simpson <a1programmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to do a simple checkout from cvs, and I get the following error
>
>   [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT: No such file or
> directory
>

> I am getting a /CVSROOT appended onto the end.  I do not have access to
> change this myself.
>

> Here's the code.
>

>     <target name="checkout">
>         <cvspass cvsroot=":extssh:userID@hostname:/usr/local/cvsroot"
> password="password"/>
>         <cvs command="checkout" package="TestCVS" append="false"
> cvsroot="/usr/local/cvsroot" dest="c:/temp"/>
>     </target>
>

> Thanks for the help.

I assume that your cvs-repository is not set up correctly. A
repository is split in two parts. `$CVSROOT/CVSROOT' contains
administrative files for CVS. The other directories contain the actual
user-defined modules. Is there a CVSROOT directory in your $CVSROOT?
If you are not sure how to initialize a cvs repository I recommend you
reading [1].

[1] http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.13/cvs_toc.html#SEC_Contents
--
Regards, Petar!