ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Chiasson" <ch...@chiasson.name>
Subject XML_CATALOG_FILES with multiple entries
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:21:00 GMT
Hello ant users.

I know ant can acquire environment variables by using the following construct:
<property environment="env"/>

I was thinking it would be great to use the following construct
<xmlcatalog id="xml-catalog" classpath="${env.XML_CATALOG_FILES}"/>

to capture the XML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable into a path
structure. Then I thought about the fact that XML_CATALOG_FILES uses a
"protocol - type" path notation, where colons appear in the path.

The question:
I am wondering if ant will correctly parse the XML_CATALOG_FILES
environment variable if it is structured as found here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-October/msg00026.html

i.e.

XML_CATALOG_FILES=file:///etc/catalog:http://catsrv/catalog

Even if there were only one file in that path, it still seems like the
colon therein would cause ant to separate it into two paths, file and
///etc/catalog

What am I missing that would allow this to work?

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/