ant-user mailing list archives

From "David TROGDON" <>
Subject Re: CVS checkout with ANT
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:09:50 GMT

I'm not sure of how you are useing/accessing CVS or your operating system.

I would think you could do "test" check out from a command window. Once you
have a command line you know works from the command window, you should be
able to implement the same command from Ant.

I do something similar to the following:

<property name="repository"
<property name="project.version" value=""/>

<cvs cvsroot="${repository}" command="checkout" package=""
tag="${project.version}" dest="${build.source.dir}"/>

You can skip the tag/project.version if you just want the latest from head.

Also note that a password is not required in my case since I log into CVS
in advance. This could be done via command line or via Eclipse or whatever.

Connecting with rsh or ssh is different and needs to be configured in CVS.
Again, I think your best bet is to work out your command line from a
command window. Once you have that and know what what works, it should be
pretty straight forward migrating that to Ant.

Good luck

                      "Derrick Simpson"
                      <a1programmer@gma        To:
            >                  cc:
                      09/01/2006 04:29         Subject:  CVS checkout with ANT
                      Please respond to
                      "Ant Users List"

I'm trying to do a simple checkout from cvs, and I get the following error

  [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT: No such file or

I am getting a /CVSROOT appended onto the end.  I do not have access to
change this myself.

Here's the code.

    <target name="checkout">
        <cvspass cvsroot=":extssh:userID@hostname:/usr/local/cvsroot"
        <cvs command="checkout" package="TestCVS" append="false"
cvsroot="/usr/local/cvsroot" dest="c:/temp"/>

Thanks for the help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message