ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dan McFadyen" <d...@cryptocard.com>
Subject RE: Failure Handler - Catching a BuildException
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:24:23 GMT
Hello,

You could make:

<target name="full.build" depends="scm.get,doc,compile,installers"/>

<target name="checklog" depends="full.build"/>

and just run checklog instead of full.build, and set full.build to not fail
on error.... I think

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kahn [mailto:citizenkahn@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 1:08 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Failure Handler - Catching a BuildException

Can someone tell me how I a target processed if the build fails?

I have a target called "full.build".  It depends on all the other targets
that make up my build.  I use a variety of tools for my build so I have a
script that scrapes the logs and produces a report.  I have wrapped this
script in a target called "checklog."   How can I get checklog to be built
even if a dependency of full.buld fails?

if a failure happens prior to checklog, then check log isn't run, not what I
want
<target name="full.build" depends="scm.get
,doc,compile,installers,checklog"/>

Option 2:
ant has this
    <target name="full.build" depends="scm.get,doc,compile,installers"/>

a perl file does this, but lacks elegance and make me thing I'm going about
this the wrong way...
  system('ant full.build");
  system("ant checklog");

Thanks for the help...