ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Modrall" <MModr...@glgroup.com>
Subject any suggestions how to work with nunit?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:23:20 GMT
Hi...

            The <xslt> question of this morning comes out of frustration
trying to call nunit from ant.  Ant is being called from CruiseControl,
and I'm trying to get the nunit output in a form that CC will recognize
and process for its status.  I have to admit it's almost got me tearing
my hair out.  None of the wires seem to quite connect.

            Nunit-console (which <nunit> wraps) has a number of
properties which produce broken xml.  /xmlConsole spits xml out to the
console, but after it spits out some version junk (making the result
unparsable).  /transform a) ignores the output encoding in the
stylesheet you give it and b) spits out a line of the regular output *in
front of* the xml, making *it* unparseable.

            The <nunit> .dotnet plugin supports failOnerror="true" but
not resultproperty="foo".  If you set failOnerror and nunit fails, it
just stops, meaning the <xslt> doesn't get done.  You can't get <nunit>
to *tell* you it failed without failonerror.

            I'm down to using <exec> to run nunit-console, putting
/xml=temp.out on that to get the raw output to a file, applying my
<xslt> to produce *another* output file, and then testing the
resultproperty to see if I should fail the build.  Not very elegant.

            I already had to dump <nant> (because it wouldn't use VS
2005 projects) and <msbuild> because it has *neither* failonerror *nor*
resultproperty.

            Using <exec> and having 2 output files seems kludgy but I
don't see any other way to go.  Anyone else worked around this before?

Thanks

-Mark

This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized
disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.