ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Taylor" <gtay...@workbrain.com>
Subject RE: negating a patternset within a fileset
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:45:55 GMT
The filename selector would work, but this is a generic build file used
by multiple projects and the patternset is project-specific.  Good
suggestion, though.

I will stick with the in/excludesfile(s).

Thanks anyways!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 5:34 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: negating a patternset within a fileset

> I want to use a patternset to tell a jar task which files to include
in
> a jar.  Easy enough, but I want to EXclude those same files from
another
> jar while building the jar from other files in the same directory.
So,
> essentially, I want to negate the patternset in the fileset for the
> second jar file.  Is there any way to do this?

Not right now, I don't think so. This has been discussed before, to
basically make patternset implement the FileSelector interface, 0but
somehow I don't recall it was implemented.

> I have found a solution by moving the patternset patterns into an
> includesfile and an excludesfile, however, I'd like to keep the
> patternset if possible.

Clever. Didn't think of that.

> Another solution is to move the files to a temp
> directory using the patternset, invoking the jar task, and then moving
> them back, but that's a bit messy.

Yep, this one's not great.

The solution is to use the <filename> selector. Your patterns can be
put into an id'd <or> selector, and used as includes or excludes
simply by having them (the refid'd <or> selector) within a <not> or
not.

--DD