ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Corpus" <ben...@cdw.com>
Subject RE: Problem in using ANT for VSS
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:30:58 GMT
Priyabrata -- I have a couple of suggestions:

[1] Make sure the <vss-database-name> folder is shared appropriately and
you can map a drive to it.  For example:
	- to access this vss database: \\server\...\<vss-database-name>
	- share the \<vss-database-name> folder
	- if done properly, you should be able to map a drive to
\\server\<vss-database-name>

[2] In your VSSGET task, specify the location of the VSS database so ANT
knows where your VSS database lives.  Also, specify the location of
SSDIR as this is where ANT goes to invoke the VSS client application
(SS.EXE).  If you're not sure where SS.EXE is located, just search for
it.  One last thing, you may want to consider using the RECURSIVE
attribute if you want to get the rest of your code structure because the
default value is "false".

If the two suggestions are met, this task should work:

        <vssget localPath="C:\VSS"
                        login="priyo,priyo"

vsspath="$/FirstComp/DATABASE/claim/PKG_CLAIM.sql"

serverpath="\\server\<vss-database-name>"

ssdir="<windows-path-where-ss.exe-lives>"
				recursive="true"
                        writable="true"/>
        </target>

Best wishes!