ant-user mailing list archives

From milosz.muszyn...@t-online.de (Milosz Muszynski)
Subject Re: ant and eclipse?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:55:09 GMT
I think the problem is not in JVMs incompatibility but in the fact that
Eclipse uses its own Java compiler which is not the same as the one run
by Ant (or outside Eclipse in general). I am not sure what the
incompatibility between .class files is, but we experience it as well. I
would suggest switching Eclipse to use external compiler, in order to
eliminate the difference. I don't think massaging compiler options will
help here. Or maybe even better - simply refrain from using the mixed
output (this is what we do). Either compile everything with Eclipse or
with Ant would be my advice.
Milosz

Mark Modrall wrote:
> I found the Java Compiler section of the Properties dialog, but as I say
> it doesn't help clarify why the .class files it produces are
> incompatible with the jdk javac ones.
>
> Our eclipse project has
> Compiler compliance level: 5.0
> Use default compliance settings
>
> Classfile generation:
> Add variable attributes to generated class files
> Add line number attributes to generated classfiles
> Add source file name to generated class file
> Preserve unused local variables
>
> Our ant <javac> task ends up using
> Jdk1.5.0_06\javac -deprecation -d <output path> -g *.java
>
> As I say, the net result is that the eclipse .class files won't work
> with the javac ones but I'm at a loss to figure out which options are
> creating the incompatibility.
>
> Thanks
> -mark
>

> This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that
is confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its
unauthorized disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your
system. Thank you.