ant-user mailing list archives

From Shay Thompson <sthom...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: ant and eclipse?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:53:24 GMT

The first thing I'd look at is what JVM is Eclipse using to compile the
code vs. what JVM is used when on the command-line.

-Shay

Mark Modrall wrote:
> Hi...
>

>             We do all of our development in eclipse and use ant 1.6.5
> for our nightly builds on another machine.  But someone just tried to
> invoke ant to run our junit tests on his dev machine.  He went into the
> eclipse project directory and executed the ant build.xml file there, but
> the javac task on the junit tests failed with a strange compile error
> against one of the base classes to be tested (a "bad class file" error
> on the use of generics).
>

>             Finally narrowed it down to the fact that the .class files
> produced by eclipse aren't compatible with the class files produced by
> <javac>.  If I recompile the base classes from the command line using
> javac, then the junit test compiles.  The problem is that it's hard to
> map what options eclipse is using to javac commandline parameters, so I
> can't tell what is causing the incompatibility.
>

>             Eclipse has a Run As... option for ant projects but when I
> try to run it from inside eclipse, it says it doesn't know about
> <junit>.
>

>             First, anyone know how to tell what the two compilers don't
> like about each other?  And second, how does one get eclipse to run ant
> builds?
>

> Thanks
>
> -Mark
>

> This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that
is confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its
unauthorized disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your
system. Thank you.

--

... cut twice, paste once.

Shay Thompson - Lead Computer Scientist