ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: xmlvalidate with remote schemas
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:56:51 GMT
Adrian Herscu wrote:
> Prashant wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> And it takes it a very long time to complete (almost ten minutes for
>>> 70-80 XML files).
>>>
>> </snip>
>>
>> Could't you use <xmlcatlog> to locate the XSD schemas locally instead of
>> http download, which perhaps is taking time.
>>

> Does it work for XML schemas? From the documentation, and I think that I
> have tried it once myself, <xmlcatalog> works only for DTDs.

Hmm, I sort of assumed the XML Catalog stuff works for locating Schema too.

The xmlcatalog Ant task page specifies example of how the xmlcatalog can
be used to find entities other than DTD documents.

<entity
            publicId="LargeLogo"
            location="com/arielpartners/images/ariel-logo-large.gif"/>

Couldn't the namespace in which the schema is declared be used to map to
XSD file that is locally available ?

- Prashant