ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Telnet to AS400
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:21:23 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I advise against using telnet, it is not practical to automate deployments.
>

> Using ssh instead of telnet would be the first step I would recommend you. A quick search
in Google tells me that there are ssh servers implementations for AS400.

yes, telnet is hazardous. passwords in plain text. inconsistent
implementations. SSH is the best way to connect to production systems,
and you should use it for dev/test boxes to get the SSH-based process
automated.

> In a second step, to automate WebSphere deployments, the best is to use the JMX APIs
of WebSphere.

Cargo, from cargo.codehaus.org, can handle websphere deployments.
including possibly remote things

> Smartfrog is a tool that you might want to consider to orchestrate your deployments.
Steve Loughran can tell you more about it.

Or at least point you at a cool new video about testing with it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4478242864801668108&q=london+test+automation+conference

-steve