ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location attribute in property not resolving correctly
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:41:57 GMT
> that's the reason i _always_ use the unix style ' / '
> although i'm running on windows.

Yes, that what I recommend as well.

> if you use a path on a windows machine, f.e. :
> the path in the file you echoed to looks like :
>       C:\the\path\to\something
> the windows path separator is used as you are running on windows
>
> so if you try to load that file as property later, you have to go like
> that =
>
> <loadfile property="ordertxtfile" srcfile="C:/cc_workdir/temp.order">
>        <filterchain> <replacestring from="\" to="/" /> </filterchain>
> </loadfile>

I'd recommend to use <pathconvert> before the <echo>, rather than a
filter chain with <loadfile>. In fact, since you are not echo'ing out
a properties file it seems, you could even do the direct <echo> and
use <pathconvert> after the <loadfile> as well, because <loadfile> is
not affected with baskslash-based escape sequences. --DD