ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizable handling of unset properties
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:22:43 GMT
> I am sure other Ant committers will feel differently. I do not see a
> big urge to implement this.
>
> On the other side, why not ?

Yes, why not. Referencing an unset property is indeed often a bug in
the build, although not always. I have thought myself than an "sh"
property handler, which implements the usual Bourne-Shell type checks
and alternate values on property replacement would take case of such
an issue, but it would force using the property handler's prefix.

Something like ${sh:foo:?} would fail the build if foo is undefined.
The notation doesn't exactly look clean, but the functionality would
be worthwhile I think. --DD