ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: negating a patternset within a fileset
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:33:33 GMT
> I want to use a patternset to tell a jar task which files to include in
> a jar.  Easy enough, but I want to EXclude those same files from another
> jar while building the jar from other files in the same directory.  So,
> essentially, I want to negate the patternset in the fileset for the
> second jar file.  Is there any way to do this?

Not right now, I don't think so. This has been discussed before, to
basically make patternset implement the FileSelector interface, 0but
somehow I don't recall it was implemented.

> I have found a solution by moving the patternset patterns into an
> includesfile and an excludesfile, however, I'd like to keep the
> patternset if possible.

Clever. Didn't think of that.

> Another solution is to move the files to a temp
> directory using the patternset, invoking the jar task, and then moving
> them back, but that's a bit messy.

Yep, this one's not great.

The solution is to use the <filename> selector. Your patterns can be
put into an id'd <or> selector, and used as includes or excludes
simply by having them (the refid'd <or> selector) within a <not> or
not.

--DD