ant-user mailing list archives

From David <achepat...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Scripting language recomendation for using <script> task
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:48:54 GMT
Thanks for your hint, I guess it can be done with BeanShell
script, but do you know exactly if what I want can be done easy?

  Does it provides a such sort functions and also for extracting
certain columns for a file?, Do you know the name of such functions?

  Thanks in advance,

  David

David <achepati67@yahoo.es> wrote:    >David,

David wrote:
> Dear members,
>
>   I have two tasks to do, vía script:
>   1. Sort a fixed-length (all records of a given column have the same
lenght), so the sorting criteria will be specified by values at certain
possitions. I have this script using Unix Korn Shell, using unix
function: sort, but I can't use it on Windows, :-(

>   2. Extract on a fixed length file certain columns and save them
into a new file. On unix probably could be done using cat and awk togeter,
I haven't it yet implemented.

>   I would like all this implemented independently of the operative
system just for testing on a developer machine (Windows), instead of
testing on production machine (UNIX)

>   Looking into the scritp task, because using only ant it can't be
done. On script documentation tasks there are a lot of possible languages
for using this task. I don't know none of them. Probably each one has
advantage and disadvantage. I would like to learn just one and be sure
with it can be done almost everthing, if it is easy to learn much
better, :-)

>   The posibilities are: groovy, beanshell, judoscript, ruby, jython
and my background is: Java, C++, Xml, UNIX, etc.

>   Note: Probably with Perl you can do every thing, but on the
production environmnet I can't install any thing new. I just can add some jars
only.