ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@dpml.net>
Subject RE: Loading property files at initialization: is this an error or by design?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:53:28 GMT

Your problem is related to your usage of antcall.  If you changed the "init"
task to depend="init-debug,init-release" etc. you problem would dissapear.
Basically the antcall is establishing a new scope which is why you
properties are not visible.

/Steve.

  _____

From: George Storm [mailto:gstorm@divxcorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 September 2006 4:00 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Loading property files at initialization: is this an error or by
design?

The enclosed file(s) demonstrate an error, is this by design or a bug in
ant?

If initialized as shown in my build file, target "init" the property file is
not visible outside of the target from which it is loaded, if initialized as
shown in my build file, targets "init2" or "init3" the property file is
visible globally.

-          George Lawrence Storm,

-          Senior Macintosh Software Developer

-          DivX, Inc.