ant-user mailing list archives

From vinod_subb...@keybank.com
Subject Running java program in debug mode
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:35:50 GMT

Hi All,
      I created a Java project with a HelloWorld  java program . I use ant
to build and run it.It runs fine.But when i want to run using eclipse
debugger It did not stop at break points to let me step through the
program.

<target name="compile" depends="init"
        description="compile the source " >
    <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
    <javac srcdir="${src}" debug="true" destdir="${build}"/>
</target>
<target name="run" depends="init" description="Run the java remote client"

  <java dir="." classname="com.test.HelloWorld" fork="yes"
failonerror="yes" >
   <sysproperty key="DEBUG" value="true"/>
   <jvmarg value="-Xdebug"/>
   <jvmarg value="-Xnoagent"/>
   <jvmarg value="-Djava.compiler=none"/>
   <classpath>
   <pathelement location="${dist}/lib/MyProject-${DSTAMP}.jar"/>
    </classpath>
  </java>
</target>

Please help me to make the necessary changes in my script , so i can debug
standalone java programs also.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Vinod

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal
information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.