ant-user mailing list archives

From vinod_subb...@keybank.com
Subject Re: Running java program in debug mode
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:01:12 GMT

Hi Antoine,
 It worked ! Yes this way i was able to debug my programs launched using
Ant . Thanks ! I was trying to get this one working for last few days..
Have a nice day,
Regards,
Vinodh.

             antoine@gmx.de

             PM                        user@ant.apache.org
                                                                        cc

             user@ant.apache.o         Re: Running java program in debug
                    rg                 mode

Hello Vinod,

use these arguments :

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=1044

and create a remote debugging configuration in Eclipse, using the same port
1044 (can be another number as long as it is the same to start java and in
Eclipse)

Also add something like
Thread.sleep(10000);
in your main method,
so that you have the time to connect to your program from within Eclipse
after you have started it.

The sequence of operation is :

create the remote debugging configuration in eclipse
start ant
when ant reaches the point where your Helloworld program starts executing,
start the debugging in Eclipse. You know that it works when Eclipse
displays a message like "connected with remote VM". You will then see in
the editor that you are at the line of code saying Thread.sleep.

You can then debug "normally".

Good luck.

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------