ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hiran.Chaudh...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Groups of filesets
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:46:07 GMT
Hmmm, that means we might need to keep a 'base' property for the files
in a set so we know how to find the file via absolute pathname but
sometimes need to work with the relative pathname. I bit tricky....

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Hallgren [mailto:thomas@tada.se]
Sent: Dienstag, 22. August 2006 17:08
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Groups of filesets

Not sure if arithmetics would help me. I'm dependent on the actual
grouping, i.e. the fact that some files reside under 'src1' and others
under 'src2' and that this grouping is maintained when the jar is
created.

Assume the following layout:

src1/org/foo/misc/a.class
src2/org/foo/util/b.class

Now, given my original example, I'd like a jar that contains:

org/foo/misc/a.class
org/foo/util/b.class

I.e., the knowledge that src1 and src2 are 'dir' entries that will
replace the 'basedir' in the jar task as it peruses the filesets, one at
a time, must be preserved. Merging filesets won't do since that would
clobber that information.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren