ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hiran.Chaudh...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Groups of filesets
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:59:43 GMT
Actually it would be nice to have some set arithmethics implemented.
Means a set plus another set is a new set. You could this way add,
subtract and whatever you like with filesets without having to modify
any of the tasks.

For a beginning, a fileset could support the nested element fileset,
which performs like a merge by default.

Hiran Chaudhuri

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Hallgren [mailto:thomas@tada.se]
Sent: Dienstag, 22. August 2006 16:46
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Groups of filesets

I'm lacking a <filesetgroup> element that would enable a referencing a
group of <filesets>. I'm currently faced with the challenge of passing
multiple filesets from a Java program to an ant-script as a source for a
jar task. I can't find a good way to do that. Essentially, this is what
I'd like to do:

(the correspondance of this would take place in Java code)

<filesetgroup id="src"/>
   <fileset dir="src1"/>
   <fileset dir="src2"/>
</filesetgroup>

(and then this would happen in the ant buildscript)

<jar jarfile="some.jar">
   <filesetgroup refid="src"/>
</jar>

Several other tasks are subject to the same problem (javac, copy, etc.).

I found a message from September 2002 in the archives that expresses the
same concern:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg20345.html.

Are there any plans to implement this?

Kind Regards,