ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nau, Michael" <Michael....@cardinal.com>
Subject RE: Sharing inter-project dependencies
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:53:06 GMT

Thanks for the response Antoine...

My example was a bit simplistic... In this case both componentA and
componentB are part of a logical project and will be versioned together.
So in this case I would like to compile them both in one step.

Is there a best-practice associated with something like this (I haven't
been able to find one)?

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 1:54 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Sharing inter-project dependencies

Hello Michael,

one possibility to build the components independently is to use a
repository.

So componentB would just pull the jar of componentA from the repository,
and you do not make spaghetti programming between the build files of
componentA and componentB.

This is my preferred approach.

How you build your repository and which tools you use for that, there
are several possibilities including ivy, dpml, the maven 2 ant tasks and
a maven 2 like repository. AnthillPro 3 will also ship with its own
repository solution.

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------