ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nau, Michael" <Michael....@cardinal.com>
Subject Sharing inter-project dependencies
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:14:22 GMT
I have a project with two java components: componentA and componentB.
ComponentB had a compile-time dependency on componentA.

I've read many posts\articles on how to setup a master build script to
manage the build process for both components. So far so good. But when I
get to the point where I need to setup the compile classpath for
componentB... I stumble on how to reference componentA. Two options are:

1. Setup ComponentB's build script reference the componentA/build/class
dir.
Advantage: Straightforward
Disadvantage: componentB has internal knowledge of componentA's
project's layout | componentB can not be build independently

2. Have the master build script copy componentA.jar into the
componentB/lib or root/lib and add the path to componentB's compile
classpath.
Advantage: componentB has no knowledge of componentA's project layout
Disadvantage: componentB can not be build independently

How are other handling this?

-Mike

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk - Portuguese
- Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email