ant-user mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ejcirame...@upromise.com>
Subject 100+ characters in the path to a file in a tarball
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:25:33 GMT
Recently, I've tried making a tarball and I wound up with the following
messages:

      [tar] Entry:
uprweb.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/upromise/app/presentation/actions/admin/S
tartEnrollmentTestAction.class longer than 100 characters.
      [tar] Entry:
uprweb.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/upromise/app/presentation/actions/admin/S
topEnrollmentTestAction.class longer than 100 characters.
      [tar] Entry:
uprweb.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/upromise/app/presentation/util/captcha/Up
romiseTwistedRandomFontGenerator.class longer than 100 characters.

So then I set the longfile attribute to gnu, and they now go away.
Problem is, the version of tar up on our solaris boxes fails to extract
these files.

Is there any work around (other than moving to zip)?