ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert La Ferla <robertlafe...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: classpath from external jars relative to environment variable
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:11:00 GMT

On Aug 18, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Wrong, property values expand other property values (if the props
> are defined).
>
>> e.g.
>>   <property name="myclasspath" value=".:${env. MYPROJECT}/endorsed/
>> xercesImpl.jar:${env. MYPROJECT}/endorsed/jdom.jar"/>
>>
> You type env. MYPROJECT
>
> should be env.MYPROJECT
>
> without space between env. and MYPROJECT

That was a typo.  The problem still occurs without the space.  I know
they expand other property values but have you tested it to see if
they expand environment variables specifically?

<property environment="env"/>
<property name="myclasspath" value=".:${env.MYPROJECT}/endorsed/
xercesImpl.jar:${env.MYPROJECT}/endorsed/jdom.jar"/>

>> I also tried :
>>
>> <path id="myclasspath">
>>    <pathelement path=".:${env. MYPROJECT}/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar:$
>> {env. MYPROJECT}/endorsed/jdom.jar"/>
>> </path>
>
> better
>
> <path id="myclasspath">
>     <pathelement location=".">
>     <pathelement location="${env.MYPROJECT}/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar"/>
>     <pathelement location="{env.MYPROJECT}/endorsed/jdom.jar"/>
>  </path>

I actually had "." in their too.  I think my problem may actually be
related to running ant under XCode (gui tool) because I was able to
run it fine from a terminal shell.