ant-user mailing list archives

From "Darick Jarvis" <djar...@ediwatch.com>
Subject RE: Very Bad use of Ant...
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:58:10 GMT

I don't know if this is the official way to call ant within a java task, but
it works for me.  Maybe this can help you.  This will cause it to outlive
the starting script with no handle to it though.

<java classname="org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher"
      dir="."
      fork="true"
      newenvironment="true"
      spawn="true"
      maxmemory="WHATEVER"
      taskname="WHATEVER">
	<classpath>
		<fileset dir="PATH_TO_ANT_LIBRARY" casesensitive="false">
			<include name="*.jar" />
			<include name="*.zip" />
		</fileset>
	</classpath>
	<arg value="-f" />
	<arg value="FILE_TO_RUN" />
	<arg value="-Dant.home=PATH_TO_ANT_HOME" />
	<arg value="TARGET_TO_RUN" />
</java>

Note, it is important to set the ant.home property for it to run correctly

Hope this helps!