ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tshepo Rachidi" <Tshe...@discovery.co.za>
Subject RE: Setting the value of a property conditonally
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:07:33 GMT
I think that u have to type as follows

 <condition property="hasMoney" value="false" else="true">
	<not>
		<equals arg1="${wallet}" arg2="${empty}"/>
	</not>
 </condition>

If I am wrong please rectify.
I am still a newbie
Regards,
Tshepo

-----Original Message-----
From: cknell@onebox.com [mailto:cknell@onebox.com]
Sent: Friday 04 August 2006 15:01
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Setting the value of a property conditonally

I've been testing the <condition> task and either it is very limited in
its functioning or I am carrying the wrong mental model into the
exercise.

I work mostly in XSLT these days. There I can set the value of a
variable by testing any number of conditions and nested conditions using
the <xsl:choose> element.

<condition> appears to be based on the "if-then-else" model. What I'm
looking for is a means of setting a property on the "if-then-else-elsif"
model.

Is there some way of doing this with ant 1.65 as it stands or do I have
to write an extension to accomplish this?

Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

Discovery Holdings Limited

Registration number: 1999/007789/06

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If
you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery immediately, telephone number
+27 11 529 2888. Any unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this
email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any manner
whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages
arising from use of this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from
any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data that may be stored
on any information handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is virus
free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery
is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. A full list of directors is available on our
website at
https://www.discovery.co.za/index_login.jhtml?p_content=/investor_relations/directorate.jhtml
alternatively, to obtain a full list of Directors via email, please email directors_list@discovery.co.za