ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject Unwanted behavior - fixcrlf changes files to un-executable
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:18:48 GMT
Recently I started observing some very undesirable behavior in my Ant
scripts.   Specifically, when <fixcrlf> does its fixing, it also changes
the file permissions to be non-executable.  Now, I recognize this might
be a very Clever Thing because binaries could be corruped by <fixcrlf>.
But with regard to shell scripts, this is undesired behavior.   How do I
override/work around this?

The reason I run <fixcrlf> on shell scripts is because sometimes
boneheads edit them in Windows and then check them.   I could run around
and tell everybody not to do that, but I choose to make my process
self-correcting.   Except it doesn't work because Ant is trying to give
me help that I don't need.    What can I do here?

*****

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 162