ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject Sshexec task hanging
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:40:06 GMT
I've got an sshexec task that never exits, and I need to solicit some
opinions on the problem.  The reasons behind it are well-known; if an
ssh command starts a long-running in the background, then ssh doesn't
know when it should exit.

>From the purist standpoint, this is expected behavior.  In practice, I
need a workaround.   If I'm starting an application server, for example,
I have succeeded if my ssh command completes and returns a successful
error code, regardless of whatever may be backgrounded.

The Ant manual entry on sshexec does not hint at any solutions to this
behavior.   Does anyone have any suggestions as to workarounds or
resolutions?

*****

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 163