ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Davis" <davi...@gmail.com>
Subject Anybody use J9 with Ant? Here is what I have tried and I can't get it to work.
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:00:31 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get ant to work with j9 using the command line for
automated  builds.  I can get it to work using J2SE, but I have some
code which must be built using J9 for an embedded setup.

Here is my setup and what I have tried.

j9 -version results in 1.3.0.

I have the following env settings:

# J9 Class Path
export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/wsdd5.0/ive-2.2/lib/jclFoundation10
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/wsdd5.0/ive-2.2/lib/jclFoundation10/classes.zip

# J9 Other
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/wsdd5.0/ive-2.2/
export JAVACMD=/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/wsdd5.0/ive-2.2/bin/j9

# JUNIT Class Path
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/share/ant/lib/junit.jar

# ANT Class Path and Other Setting
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.5/lib/ant-commons-net.jar
export ANT_HOME=/usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.5

# Telnet class path for Ant Telnet task
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/share/java/commons-net.jar

# PATH
export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin
export PATH=${PATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/bin
export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

This is the result when I call ant.

davis@yalaab:~/sb/jumeirah/$ ant
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in
/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/wsdd5.0/ive-2.2/lib/tools.jar

I do not have a tools.jar file in my DeviceDeveloper install
directory. The closet thing I have is a
/usr/local/DeviceDeveloper/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.externaltools_2.1.1/externaltools.jar
file.

I really wonder if I am wasting my time since the official ant website
does not list J9 as one of the supported compilers.
sett http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html

>From the url:

It is possible to use different compilers. This can be specified by
either setting the global build.compiler property, which will affect
all <javac> tasks throughout the build, or by setting the compiler
attribute, specific to the current <javac> task. Valid values for
either the build.compiler property or the compiler attribute are:

classic (the standard compiler of JDK 1.1/1.2) – javac1.1 and javac1.2
can be used as aliases.
modern (the standard compiler of JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5) – javac1.3 and
javac1.4 and javac1.5 can be used as aliases.
jikes (the Jikes compiler).
jvc (the Command-Line Compiler from Microsoft's SDK for Java / Visual
J++) – microsoft can be used as an alias.
kjc (the kopi compiler).
gcj (the gcj compiler from gcc).
sj (Symantec java compiler) – symantec can be used as an alias.
extJavac (run either modern or classic in a JVM of its own).

--
John F. Davis "JD"
http://www.skink.net