ant-user mailing list archives

From "Noel Sebastien \(BIL\)" <Sebastien.N...@dexia-bil.com>
Subject RE: Change JAVA home for one Javac task and not the other
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:52:17 GMT
Thank you for the answers and the numerous possibilities to solve this.
As for my tests, I successfully use another solution using the -bootclasspath (pointing to
the other JDK) as explained in
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javac.html#crosscomp-options where I
do not understand the sense of "extdirs" options.
Anyway works fine without using it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: mercredi 30 août 2006 16:04
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Change JAVA home for one Javac task and not the other

Hello Sebastien, Marc,

you have to fork the <javac/> in this case.

so <javac fork="true" executable="complete path to javac.exe version 1.3" .../>

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:39:43 -0400
Von: "Marc Farrow" <marc.farrow@gmail.com>
An: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

> Can't you just specify the source level when you call the javac task?
> The same as
>
> Something like
> javac -source 1.3 -target 1.3 com.mycompany.MyClass.java
>

> On 8/30/06, Noel Sebastien (BIL) <Sebastien.Noel@dexia-bil.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I have one build.xml, with two Javac tasks (amongt several other ones).
> > The first javac task uses the default java.home (which is our JDK
> > 1.4.1) => works fine The second javac task should use another
> > java.home (JDK 1.3.1 for
> example)
> > => but how do change the javac path ? Something like sysproperty or ??
> > Please do not answer with the "target" attribute of javac, it is not
> > my purpose. I really want to point to another javac executable.
> > Thank you
> >
> > > - Sébastien Noel -

An electronic message is not binding on its sender.
Any message referring to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and duly signed.