ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <...@pro-unlimited.com>
Subject RE: Javac or Ant issue ?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:35:12 GMT

/home/cji/src/package2/D.java
/home/cji/src/package3/E.java

-cji

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:19 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Javac or Ant issue ?

ANT compares timestamps of class files with Java source files and passes
the list to JavaC command. So, if C and D files are not specified as
source files for compilation and selected by JavaC on its own, ANT would
not know about them. The situation can happen, if all selected files
compiled fine, but additional files (chosen for compilation by JavaC
itself) did not.

- Alexey.

Chun Ji wrote:
> I have noticed some very strange behaviour when I try to compile my java code.
> Say I have some java files to be filed, A,B,C,D,E,F,G...
>
> When I was doing a clean compiling, it gives me error that File C, D failed because some
errors, which is true. But when I do the compile(not a clean compile) for the second time,
it tells me all the files are compiled successfully and no error is given.