ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: ant, rsync and ssh passphrase
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:05:21 GMT

if the implementation of rsync asks for the passphrase on the console
and not from stdin (programs like su or login do this for their query
of password) there is no way you can give the passphrase
when starting rsync using the ant task exec. <exec/> interacts with
executables the same way as a shell script. Shell languages cannot
either feed the console, only stdin.

So the solution would be to rewrite rsync in java. A lot of work

On Aug 16, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Michael Bauroth wrote:

> Hi,
> does there exist an option to use rsync with ssh + password/passphrase
>> from within ANT too? If so, how can I call it?
> Any help would be great.
> Regards
> Michael

To unsubscribe, e-mail: