ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jar task : Manifest File ends with Windows ending '\r'.
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:13:12 GMT

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello Sebastien,
>
> I am not aware of this. It would be a bug if :
>
> a) it is contrary to the specification of jar files and of manifests
>
> or
>
> b) it causes the jar files to be disfunctional
>
> Actually, it makes sense that the format of the manifest files be independent of the
platform where you run the build.

> The jar files themselves can be used everywhere, and you should also be able to switch
builds from Windows to Unix or from Unix to Windows without changes in the quality of the
artifacts produced.

It is not against the specifications and, therefore, should not cause
the jar to be dysfunctional. Nevertheless it may as well follow the
platform conventions.

Conor