ant-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Sawatzky <rsawat...@openfox.com>
Subject Zero-Padding an Int Ant Property
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:39:32 GMT
Hello all,

I have an Ant property file that contains a project build number
property.  This build number is incremented every time the project is
compiled.  I distribute my application as a versioned JAR file through
Web Start, and I want to append the build number to the name of my JAR
file.  For example, if my build number was 51, I want my JAR file to be
named "myjar__V1.0051.jar".

My ant command looks like this...
 <jar destfile="${dist.jar.dir}/myjar__V1.${buildNum}.jar"
basedir="${build.classes.dir}" ................ />

However, this generates a JAR file named "myjar__V1.15".  Is there
anyway I can have ant zero-pad the build number property out to 4
digits?  Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for any ideas,
-Ryan
--
/ Ryan Sawatzky