ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to filter out all exceptions from the JUnit task's test failures
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:03:49 GMT
Burgess, Benjamin wrote:
> I know it is a hack, not a good design, etc, etc, but....
>
> Couldn't the logger put some placeholder in for those attributes and
> after the run is complete, go back and modify the log to place the
> actual values overtop of the placeholders?
>
> Ben

what, like write the file out, then seek back and patch in. Hmmm. We'd
need a placeholder that put the exact number of bytes in, or lots of
000000000s to cover all possible failures, you'd need to calculate the
relevant offset in the saved file for the encoding you are using, then
open it in binary mode and patch in the new numbers, also encoded
appropriately. No, we dont want that.

You could stream the stuff out in a stats-at-the-end format and then
postconvert it with XSLT to a legacy layout.Much cleaner.

-steve