ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to filter out all exceptions from the JUnit task's test failures
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 18:41:16 GMT
Burgess, Benjamin wrote:
> Not sure if it will help at all, but here is an Ant XML Logger which
> writes to the log as it goes along, rather than waiting for the build to
> finish before writing the whole log to the file.
>
> It won't help with the JUnit logger that is writing the JUnit log files,
> but a similar approach could be taken with the test runner.
>
> http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/AntDirectXmlLogger

yes, that is what I do with my testrunner.

the problem with the ant one is that it sticks the test stats up as
attributes on the root node of the XML file. Which it can only do if it
knows the results, hence it has to wait for the end of the run.

the only way to do streaming test logging is to change the XML format,
and <junitreport>. Or, by outputting XHTML, you get to bypass most of
<junitreport>, except for the summary data creation

-steve